Student research and internships
Enhance your learning experience by taking advantage of internship, practicum and field placement experiences. If you are interested, speak with a faculty member. They will work closely with you to find the best possible experience.
Many degree programs require an internship, practicum or field placement, but if your major does not, explore your own. We offer financial support for student learning experiences through Discovery Grants, Pi Delta Research Grant, Professional Enrichment Grants and/or the Ministry Inquiry Program.
Students have gained experience through:
- Research internships with Blue Waters, housed in the National Center for Supercomputing Applications.
- Reading, pre-art therapy and criminal justice internships at the Allen County Juvenile Treatment and Detention Center.
- Researching biomimicry through the University of Akron's Research Experience for Undergraduates program.
- Immersive Spanish and medical internship in Peru.
- Undergraduate dietetics internships through the National Association of Colleges and University Food Services.
- Student teaching opportunities in partnership with the Chicago Center for Urban Life and Culture.
- Internships with regional leaders such as: Auto-Owners Insurance, Cooper Tire Company, Fastenal, Lima Memorial Hospital, Marathon Oil Company, Owens-Illinois, Sherwin-Williams, Speedway Super America and St. Rita's Medical Center.
- Field placements at Crime Victim Services, Family Resource Center and Specialized Alternatives for Families and Youth (SAFY)
- Student teaching settings in districts in Northwest Ohio - large and small, private and public, rural and urban.
- Nationally competitive internships with organizations such as: Smithsonian Institution, the National Inventors Hall of Fame, United States Olympic Committee, Louisville Slugger and the Summer Educational Program in Neuropsychiatric Functional Neuroimaging Laboratory at Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School.