HVAC control technician
Perform maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs and installation of HVAC systems including but not limited to HVAC controls, steam heating systems and other associated systems, Low voltage controls for associated electrical and electronic equipment and Direct Digital Controls (DDC) and associated electronic components. This position will monitor campus emergency efficiency using the Energy Management System (EMS).
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Perform installation, test, repair, calibrate operations of equipment used in heating, ventilation, air conditioning systems, boilers, low pressure system boilers, hydronic building balancing, outside lighting systems, and condensate return pump controls.
- Order and stock temperature control, valves and related parts for repair.
- Employ technical accuracy and good record keeping skills.
- Assist engineers and architects with technical and operating data of existing HVAC equipment for cost estimating and facilities improvement and upgrades as needed.
- Use the Energy Management System (EMS) to monitor the energy efficiency of all campus building. Run reports for analysis and problem solving purposes.
Occasional duties and responsibilities
- May be required to assist other maintenance staff from other groups on special and annual events on campus.
- May be required to assist other maintenance staff during weather related events like snow or flooding.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties of this job.
- High school graduate or approved equivalent
- Demonstrated five years of experience in doing work in commercial and/or institutional setting
- Vocational or trade school training in control mechanism may be substituted, year for year for work experience up to a maximum of two years
- Ability to read and understand schematics
- Working knowledge of Energy Management Systems. Knowledge of Andover controls is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a friendly and cooperative manner with co-workers, students, staff and in contact with public
- Strong communication skills including writing and verbal
- A knowledge of standard job safety rules and regulations
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Hold a valid driver’s license
Physical demands/work environment
The physical demands and/or work environment described here are representative of those that must be met or will be encountered by the employee while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work in hazardous locations including confined space and heights above 35 feet when required. Use approved ladders or man lifts for access.
- Adhere to all policy and procedures including safety rules and precautions in work area.
- Occasional evening and/or weekend duties as needed (determined by supervisor).
- Regularly works in outside weather conditions.
- Ability to lift 100 lbs.
Application is considered complete when the following is received
- Letter of interest
- Completed Bluffton employment application form
Send materials to:
1 University Drive Box 0019
Bluffton, OH 45817-2104