Student pastoral assistant
The pastoral assistant will assist the campus pastor in giving leadership to the religious life department’s ministries.
The position is either a 4-hr or 6-hr/week student supervisory level position which is overseen by the campus pastor. The campus pastor and pastoral assistants make up the Pastoral Team.
Responsibilities officially begin two weeks before the beginning of classes in the
fall semester, and continues throughout the rest of the school year.
- Must be at least a junior.
- A growing faith as a disciple of Jesus.
- A willingness to give and receive counsel and encouragement.
- Previous hall chaplain experience is preferred (but not required).
- Developing the mission and goals of the campus ministries department.
- Supervising and supporting the hall chaplains, through things such as: planning hall chaplain orientation and other gatherings, giving leadership at weekly meetings, leading small groups, and meeting with them one-on-one.
- Planning and carrying out different ministry events on campus.
- Reading and reflecting on issues related to Christian ministry and leadership, both on campus as well as the possibility of participating in off-campus gatherings or workshops.
- Meeting regularly with the pastoral team for planning and mutual support.